What Is the Best Dermal Filler for Hand Rejuvenation?or_seo
Hands can tell more about the person than you can think. Practically anything we do involves hands – washing dishes, cleaning, being exposed to various temperatures – the skin is affected by numerous factors, so no wonder it may need extra attention to be youthful and silky. Sometimes, the damage is so serious that simple topical treatments cannot provide the desired effect, and that’s where clinical cosmetic procedures may be helpful. Structural fat grafting (or fat transfer), a laser treatment (typically laser resurfacing), dermal filler injections, and other sessions can be considered effective ways to refresh hand skin and make it appear more youthful.
Today, let’s concentrate more on the best dermal filler brands for skin rejuvenation and the general safety of this procedure. Understanding it can help decide whether this treatment is suitable for an individual, can fulfill their needs, and is a safe option to make hands silky smooth. Without further ado, let’s start!
Top Signs of Hands Skin Aging
Before talking about the solutions for a hand rejuvenation treatment, let’s discuss the most prominent signs of aging that may signal it’s time to consider something better than hand cream. Of course, pampering your skin is essential, but eventually, a more serious procedure may be needed to keep your hands smooth and silky.
So, what are the aging signs that may spoil the hands’ appearance?
- Wrinkles. Wrinkles are an unavoidable part of the aging process. With age, skin starts losing its elasticity and fat, becoming more translucent. As a result, we may notice prominent veins and wrinkles, which are definitely not beneficial for one’s look. Specialists often recommend laser skin resurfacing to deal with this problem most effectively;
- Age and sun spots. Sun exposure can be damaging to the skin; this fact is well-known. It’s especially harmful if a person doesn’t wear sunscreen and ignores all the sun protection precautions. UV rays can worsen skin pigmentation, leading to brown spots that are pretty hard to deal with. Don’t forget your SPF to try and control this issue;
- Dryness. Skin dryness is not unusual and can be caused by everything from water quality to environmental changes. With age, this condition can worsen. As a preventative measure, use less antibacterial soap, wear gloves when doing dishes, and don’t skip hand cream during the day;
- Loose skin. Skin loses elasticity with time, especially after age 27, when skin starts losing collagen and elasticity naturally. That’s why dermal fillers are excellent for dealing with this condition, as they can restore lost volume, boost skin hydration, and improve the general appearance of the hands;
- Irritated, red, peeling skin. The decrease in elastin and collagen can also cause a reaction pretty similar to a rash or allergy. Apply lotion or moisturizer regularly to keep hands soft and plump; if it doesn’t help, it’s better to talk to a specialist to find some alternatives for a more youthful appearance.
As you may see, wrinkles are not the only problem affecting one’s hand outlook. That’s why we want to emphasize the importance of paying attention to all the conditions and dealing with them on time. And now, let’s begin the main discussion – can dermal fillers be used for hand rejuvenation?
Erase the Tired Look with Botox Under Eyes! Explore the Unique Approach at OgoMed. Uncover the nuances of getting Botox treatment under the eyes for a refreshed appearance. Dive into our expert insights now!
Hand Rejuvenation with Fillers. Is It Possible?
Hand rejuvenation with dermal fillers has become trendier nowadays because people strive for perfection and want to look fabulous no matter what. And if the face can be improved with hyaluronic acid, why not use it for skin in the hand area?
Two fillers among the most popular treatment options should be mentioned: Restylane Lyft and Radiesse. They are FDA-approved, provide long-lasting and natural-looking results, and are suitable for practically any individual out there. Both these brands are available on OGOMED, so check out the assortment after finishing this article!
A few important things should be considered before the injection session to guarantee a positive experience for a patient. First of all, a pre-treatment discussion with a specialist is a must to cover all the procedure steps, available filler options, safety rules, and other essentials. Afterward, all the limitations are mentioned to provide a safe process; aftercare and side effects are also essential here, as having all the information makes it easier to plan one’s routine and guarantee a non-problematic, fast recovery.
Finding a qualified medical professional to perform the treatment is also crucial, as an excellent knowledge of human body anatomy is required to administer this solution properly and not damage tendons, veins, and other essential hand parts.
More About the Procedure
The best thing about dermal fillers for hands is that this treatment is minimally invasive, meaning it doesn’t require durable downtime and rarely causes severe complications. The product can reach deeper layers of the skin, boosting collagen production, enhancing lost volume, and healing one’s dermis from within.
The process doesn’t take much time; on average, plastic surgeons need up to thirty minutes to finish the session. As the first step, the hands are disinfected and cleaned carefully to ensure the working space is sterile. Then, a specialist uses lidocaine to numb the area and ensure there will be no discomfort during the filler administration. Afterward, a dermal filler of choice can be used; it’s typically injected into the area between the second and third fingers and between the third and fourth.
Administration techniques may vary from doctor to doctor, as well as the amount of gel type of anesthetic used for a person’s comfort (for example, some specialists use topical anesthetics before the treatment, while others prefer not to do that). As a rule, ice packs are usually applied right after the filler is administered to reduce swelling and bruising, typical for any treatment involving needles. Hands can also be massaged to spread the product evenly under the skin, especially around the veins and tendons. After the procedure is over, people may expect six to twelve months of noticeable improvement; the best thing is that the effect continues for some time, even after the body tissues absorb the gel. The main reason is boosted collagen and elastin production typical for this procedure type.
Reasons to Choose Dermal Fillers for Hand Rejuvenation
If you are considering whether dermal fillers are suitable for aging hands and your particular situation, here are a few reasons you should consider this option for your needs:
- You have prominent hand veins;
- The hands look bony and thin as if losing their volume and roundness;
- There are noticeable wrinkles and fine lines on the back of the hands.
This minimally invasive rejuvenation option is affordable and effective, and not so much product is typically needed to perfect one’s appearance. To ensure the process is non-problematic and demonstrates prominent results, choosing an injectable compatible with a patient’s organism is essential; it should contain only the safest components and guarantee fast improvement without unwanted complications.
Dermal fillers are among the most effective and beneficial solutions for skin rejuvenation. Still, some risks must be considered beforehand to ensure this procedure is safe for an individual. Choosing an experienced professional to perform the session is one of the most critical steps, as the perfect knowledge of human anatomy is required to administer the gel correctly.
When shouldn’t a person use fillers for volume restoration in hands?
- Inflammation or skin damage in the target area;
- Known hypersensitivity to some of the product’s components (such as hyaluronic acid);
- A patient tends to have hypertrophic scar formation.
On top of that, people with systemic disorders (for example, diabetes) have poor healing abilities, so it may be problematic to perform even such minimally invasive procedures as dermal filler injections. As a result, it may lead to deterioration of the surrounding tissues. In case a person suffers from blood supply complications, they should also consider topical solutions instead of dermal filler injections.
Recommendations Before the Treatment
Before the injection session, a patient should mention their medical conditions and prescribed medications or supplements, as well as ask about all possible risks and possible complications of the session.
As for the process itself, there is no such thing as a pre-treatment preparation protocol. However, there are some recommendations that patients may find helpful. We are talking about the following:
- At least a week before the injection session, stopping using medications and supplements with blood-thinning abilities is better. It includes ginger and garlic pills, fish oil, vitamin E, as well as Ibuprofen, aspirin and other anti-inflammatory medicines;
- Avoid alcohol a day or two before the filler administration. In high doses, alcoholic beverages have similar abilities to blood thinners, so it is better to give them up to prevent bruising and swelling;
- Discuss all your fears with a specialist if you feel anxious before the hand rejuvenation procedure.
What About the Aftercare?
Now, let’s talk more about the recommendations that speed up one’s healing journey and ensure no complications after the filler administration. Remember about these pieces of advice:
- It’s better not to take any blood thinners and anti-inflammatory medicines a week after the injection session as well to reduce the chances of bruising and swelling;
- Strenuous exercises should be postponed till the filler is fully settled under the skin. In addition, gym sessions increase blood flow, meaning the chances of swelling become much higher;
- Extremely hot or freezing temperatures should be avoided until the recovery period ends. Stay out of the solariums and saunas for at least four weeks as well, as they may affect the product’s working principle;
- Avoid excessive rubbing for at least a few days. It means don’t wash your hands aggressively, apply hand cream carefully, and don’t lift heavy things until the filler settles properly;
- Sometimes, a doctor may recommend certain herbal supplements to prevent inflammations in the target zone. However, it depends on the specialist, so this step is better to discuss in advance.
Some medical professionals claim it’s important to massage the injection spot and not let the gel become lumps under the skin. It should be done for five days, five times a day, for at least five minutes. Of course, a specialist must show the proper technique to a patient first to ensure they won’t harm themselves during the process.
Understanding Mirena’s Effectiveness Duration: Insights from Ogomed. Curious about Mirena’s longevity as a contraceptive option? Dive into our informative guide to learn how long Mirena remains effective. Ogomed provides insights into the duration and considerations of this intrauterine device for birth control. Make informed choices about your reproductive health.
Another vital thing to remember is that communication should always be a part of the recovery, so if anything disturbs an individual, they must contact their doctor immediately to take all issues under control as soon as possible. A positive thing about hyaluronic acid fillers is that their effect can be neutralized with the help of a special injectable – hyaluronidase. It dissolves the HA gel, meaning it can be absorbed by the body tissues faster. As a result, an initial outlook of one’s hands is returned in less than a week after the solution was applied.
The Bottom Line: The Best Fillers for Hands Rejuvenation
As you can see, dermal fillers like Radiesse or Restylane Lyft are perfect for hand rejuvenation. They can enhance the general appearance of the skin, deal with imperfections like dark spots and wrinkles, and make hands look a few years younger and equally as pretty as a patient’s face.
Hand filler treatment is not that different from facial filler administration. All the procedure’s nuances must be discussed in advance, a medical professional calculates the dose, and the process can only be performed by a board-certified, qualified specialist. Hopefully, you found all the answers to your questions here; revisit the blog soon for more exciting content!