Which Juvederm Filler Should You Use for Nasolabial Folds?or_seo
According to general statistics, nasolabial folds start to appear when a person is around thirty years old. Moreover, they usually become deeper and longer as a person gets older.
Luckily, contemporary dermatology offers a variety of methods to get rid of nasolabial folds. For instance, a person might do a regular facial massage, apply a special cream, or undergo the injection of a Juvederm filler.
But which Juvederm filler should you use for nasolabial folds? Well, check out this article to know for sure!
A Few Words on Nasolabial Folds
Above anything else, it is essential to figure out the most important information on nasolabial folds. Namely, let us go through their definition, causes, and treatment methods.
What Are Nasolabial Folds?
Nasolabial folds belong to the most common and frequently occurring facial wrinkles. They might be defined as skin creases that go from a patient’s sides of the nose to the corners of the mouth.
On a side note: In some cases, nasolabial folds are referred to as “laugh lines” or “smile lines” since they denote wrinkles that usually appear when a person smiles.
Under normal circumstances, nasolabial folds appear together with marionette lines or, in other words, skin creases that go from a patient’s corners of the mouth to the chin.
Normally, the first nasolabial folds start to appear when a person reaches the age of thirty. They usually become visible only while smiling. As time passes, however, they evolve into more visible static creases.
Want to know more about Juvederm? Then you should read our Restylane vs. Juvederm – A Big Comparison. This article will answer all your questions.
Why Do Nasolabial Folds Appear?
Nasolabial folds might appear due to a number of reasons, such as:
- The aging process. Probably the main reason why nasolabial folds appear is the aging process. The amount of the produced collagen decreases as a person gets older. As a result, the skin loses moisture and becomes less elastic, which eventually leads to the appearance of wrinkles;
- Overactive facial movements. If a person has exceptionally active mimics, moderate to severe wrinkles (including nasolabial folds) might appear quicker. The main reason for it is that facial movements make muscles contract and, thus, make the skin lose elasticity;
- Sun exposure. UVB rays that are produced by the sun are damaging to the skin. Namely, they tend to make the skin lose collagen and moisture, just like the aging process does. Therefore, the appearance of wrinkles as a result of overactive sun exposure is called photoaging.
On a side note: In order to slow down the appearance of nasolabial folds, it is essential to apply a sun protection cream whenever undergoing direct sun exposure.
Other factors that might accelerate the appearance of nasolabial folds are smoking, drinking alcohol, and undergoing rapid weight loss or gain. As well the intake of too little water also affects the skin negatively.
How to Get Rid of Nasolabial Folds?
There exist different methods that help to get rid of nasolabial folds, for instance:
- Proper skin care. A non-invasive but nevertheless effective method of making nasolabial folds less visible (or, better to say, slowing down their appearance) is to cleanse, moisturize, and take proper care of the skin with the help of professional cleansers, creams, and serums;
- Water balance. It is of vital importance to drink a reasonable amount of clean water in order to keep the skin well-moisturized and hydrated. In other words, properly regulated water balance is a key that grants a smoother appearance to the skin of a person;
- Skin-tightening procedures. Contemporary dermatology contains a number of methods that help to keep a patient’s skin tight. For instance, such procedures as laser, ultrasound, or radio-wave treatments stimulate collagen production and, thus, make the skin more elastic;
- Botulinum toxin injections. The administration of Botox, Dysport, Xeomin, and other muscle relaxants beneath a patient’s skin might substantially reduce the appearance of dynamic wrinkles. Thus, it will effectively take care of nasolabial folds that appear due to overactive facial expressions;
- Injections of dermal fillers. These minimally-invasive procedures aim to fill the skin with nutritious elements, restore volume loss, and smooth static wrinkles. Therefore, they are considered to be an efficient treatment of nasolabial folds;
- Cosmetic surgeries. Such aesthetic procedures as facelifts are probably the most effective methods of getting rid of facial wrinkles (such as marionette lines, vertical lines, or nasolabial folds). However, they are much more invasive procedures if compared to all the above-mentioned methods.
On a side note: There exist different types of dermal fillers for nasolabial folds. Depending on their main active substance, they might be divided into poly-L-lactic acid (for example, Sculptra), calcium hydroxylapatite (for example, Radiesse), or hyaluronic acid fillers (for example, Juvederm). Under normal circumstances, hyaluronic acid fillers are the most popular when it comes to nasolabial fold reduction.
About Juvederm Fillers from A to Z
Juvederm is a brand that produces exceptionally popular nasolabial fold fillers. Thus, let us discuss it in detail by paying attention to its basic information, benefits, and product line.
What is Juvederm?
While being produced by a global pharmaceutical corporation Allergan, Juvederm is a trademark that manufactures qualitative, safe, and effective dermal filler treatments.
Each Juvederm solution is a hyaluronic acid filler of synthetic origin. It has a strong power to deeply moisturize skin tissues and, therefore, leads to profound facial rejuvenation and enhancement.
Two main technologies that are employed in the production of Juvederm dermal fillers are 3D Matrix and Vycross. They both ensure immediate results that last for a profound time period.
On a side note: Juvederm dermal fillers are intended for professional usage. Therefore, only certified medical professionals are eligible to buy Juvederm online and apply it in cosmetic treatment.
What Are the Main Benefits of Juvederm Fillers?
The Juvederm filler treatment has a number of benefits. Here is the list of the main ones:
- Exceptional safety. Juvederm facial fillers are exceptionally safe. Normally, they do not cause any serious complications. Among the most common side effects of the Juvederm filler treatment are skin redness, itching, bruising, or swelling. However, they tend to disappear on their own within a couple of days after the procedure and do not usually require any medical supervision;
- High effectiveness. Similar to other treatments that involve dermal filler injections, Juvederm filler treatments do a great job when it comes to facial rejuvenation and enhancement in a natural-looking way. They effectively hydrate skin, restore lost volume, augment lips, and smooth wrinkles;
- Durable result. The injection of a Juvederm dermal filler is a temporary treatment. Nevertheless, it provides a patient with a durable result that might last for up to two years (still, its exact duration depends on the individual peculiarities of each and every patient).
On a side note: The vast majority of Juvederm dermal fillers contain prefilled lidocaine which makes the injection as comfortable as possible. Moreover, a medical professional might additionally apply a special numbing cream shortly before the procedure if needed.
What Solutions Are There in Juvederm Product Line?
The Juvederm product line includes a number of different solutions, such as:
- Juvederm Ultra (namely, Ultra 2, 3, 4, Smile, XC, and Plus XC);
- Juvederm VOLIFT;
- Juvederm Voluma;
- Juvederm Volbella;
- Juvederm Volite;
- Juvederm Hydrate;
- And so on.
Despite having similar composition, all the above-mentioned dermal filler treatments have been specifically designed for different purposes. On the one hand, they all accelerate natural collagen production. On the other hand, however, they might be used to make facial features more profound, augment cheeks, plump lips, smooth wrinkles around the mouth (for instance, marionette lines), or take care of nasolabial folds.
On a side note: It is essential to use each Juvederm filler in accordance with its main purpose. For instance, if a patient’s primary concern is to add volume to the cheek area, Juvederm Voluma should be used in the first case since it has been specifically designed for the cheek lift. At the same time, however, it might not serve as a “number one” choice when it comes to smoothing skin depressions around the mouth or nose of a patient.
Top-3 Nasolabial Fold Fillers from Juvederm
Now, it’s high time to figure out top-3 dermal fillers for nasolabial folds. Namely, let us discuss Juvederm Ultra, Juvederm Vollure, and Juvederm XC since they are considered to be the most attractive nasolabial fold fillers in the brand’s product range.
Juvederm Ultra might be subdivided into several versions, such as Ultra 2, Ultra 3, Ultra 4, Ultra Smile, Ultra XC, or Ultra Plus XC. While being considered “a golden standard” of the brand, it is created to deal with a wide range of aesthetic imperfections around the treated area in a non-surgical way.
The product is regarded to be an advanced nasolabial fold filler since it effectively reduces the appearance of wrinkles in the perioral area. On top of that, it is capable of getting rid of mild to severe skin imperfections of different sizes.
On a side note: Most products from the Juvederm Ultra line might be used as nasolabial fillers. However, Juvederm Ultra Plus is probably the treatment option that will take care of these skin depressions in the most effective way.
Juvederm Vollure is probably the most suitable choice for those who are looking for a dermal filler to reduce the appearance of nasolabial folds. No matter whether a patient has thicker or thinner skin, the unique properties of the product will effectively smooth wrinkles in both the mid and lower face.
Another reason why plastic surgeons consider Juvederm Vollure to be one of the most beneficial nasolabial fold fillers is its long-lasting duration which might keep the faces of most patients smooth for up to eighteen months.
On a side note: The exact duration of all Juvederm nasolabial fold fillers depends on the medical history of each patient (including their skin type, age, and lifestyle). While many patients claim that their area around the mouth remains wrinkleless for at least twelve months, others need to undergo a touch-up treatment more often.
Juvederm Hydrate is a product that is substantially different from other dermal fillers in the brand’s range. The main reason for it is that it acts more like a bio-revitalizer that aims to moisturize skin tissues.
However, it might also be injected as a treatment of mild nasolabial folds. While being capable of deeply hydrating the skin around the treatment area, the product also activates the natural production of collagen and, therefore, reduces the appearance of fine lines.
On a side note: It is the task of a medical professional to define whether a particular Juvederm product might be used in a certain treatment area.
A Bottom Line: Find Your Perfect Juvederm Nasolabial Fold Filler!
All in all, the appearance of nasolabial folds (or, in other words, smile lines) is an unavoidable process. Luckily, it might be successfully slowed down with the help of different methods, the injection of Juvederm being one of them.
Therefore, try out the Juvederm treatment yourself and get rid of the nasolabial folds in an easy way. Remember, you are just as old as you feel! So, stay young and beautiful for as long as you want!